Tuesday, March 15, 2005

She is not me

I am worried that some people might read my blog and think about some woman they know who is Shomer Negiah and smirk inside thinking “inside she just thinks about sex all the time and really needs to get laid.”

So I wish to emphasize that yes I am Shomer Negiah and I am sexually deprived but I am many other things also. Being S.N. does not define who I am. It does define this blog but not me. I have a job, talents, friends, spiritual and personal aspirations. I am worthy of dignity and respect.

I write about the not-dignified things here because I have nowhere else to go. Even with girlfriends, how much time can we spend talking about dating? And also, some of them really are more prudish when it comes to talking about negiah or more especially about sex. Some of them do not want to think about it or admit that they want it. Maybe they just do not want to think about what they are missing or perhaps they are truly frigid in some way. I am not sure. I just know that there are not so many people in the non-virtual world who I can tell about how trapped I feel.

When you meet a frum lady in your community who is single, please do not smirk inside about what she “must be thinking.” You do not know what she is thinking. She is someone else, not me, (probably.). Probably she deserves better than for you to be lewd in how you think about her just because of what you read on another woman’s (my) blog. That is all I have to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliyahu said...

It's hard to force yourself to think that way.

5/07/2007 01:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home